Saturday, October 12, 2013

Author Interview – Fiona Rawsontile


By Terraverum


Having an interview with us today is newly published Fiona Rawsontile, author of ‘The Starlight Fortress’.  I enjoyed this interview so much and I’m really grateful to Fiona for giving her time to give us a little glimpse into her story and world. Her views and writing process really intrigued me and not only did my imagination expand with her answers, but my inner writer was inspired as well.

What caused you to want to write this particular story?
I had vivid dreams about war even as a little kid. It’s a topic that always horrifies and fascinates me. When my father was in the navy, he sometimes took me to those veteran retirement parties. I remember watching those big men hugging one another and weeping. The smell of wet metal and the sea. I knew one day I’d write something about war. That was inevitable.

Was there a specific thing or occasion that inspired you to begin?
Nursing, hehe. I began writing the book after I gave birth to my son. He nursed a lot, and I spent hours lying in bed every day, my mind filled with all those characters and voices. In fact, the story was initially about Geneva and Charlie, the perfect gentleman. Then Geneva hired her military assistant, Sterling, a smart but otherwise ordinary guy, and I said to Charlie, “Sorry, you are not my hero anymore.”

Read More …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments highly appreciated! - Fiona